This was a dock down on the waterfront were some very large sea lions were enjoying the sunshine. The kids really liked watching them.




Shaun Simpson was also running the 26.2 mile ordeal. He came out to our campsite and had a pre-race pasta dinner on Friday night. It was fun to visit with him and catch up. The weather for the run was perfect. Low 60's and overcast. I had some time goals that I had set for myself but with my lack of training I felt they were a bit our of my reach. By Saturday morning I decided I would try to better my time from two years ago. That turned out to still be a bit much. I was feeling really really good to the half way point. I was even ahead of my goal pace up through mile 22. But then the wheels fell off...I kept running...though I think walking would have been faster. The last couple miles were quite uncomfortable to say the least. I did finish and felt I had a good run despite bonking the last 4 miles. 3:06:31, 28th overall, 7th in age. Special thanks to my roadside fans Trisch, Josh, Brooke and Samantha!!!
1 comment:
Way to go Eric! Another marathon under your belt - quite inspiring! Looks like you had such a fun weekend you guys, makes us so excited to take a trip to the coast!
Post a Comment