Saturday, April 12, 2008
Terry Fator
I will admit that I was not real excited about driving several hours to see a ventriloquist. On the other hand it was a dream come true to my beautiful "Muppet crazed" wife when she heard that Terry Fator would be in Portland last Friday night. We had seen him on TV and were quite impressed with his talent...but still to pay money to see a...."puppet guy". I was still skeptical. Thanks to my Mom we were able to leave the kiddos at home and make a date of it. The drive was sunny and warm one of the first days this year to hit 70 degrees. Add that to dinner out and a temple session and I was happy and ready to head home. But alas our purpose for the travel was to see if this guy Terry Fator really could make puppets talk without moving his lips. And he did! He was absolutely amazing. Not only did he make them talk without moving his mouth but he made them sing and impersonate people and artists. I'm not a country music buff but I thought it was a near perfect impression of Garth Brooks. Others were Roy Orbison, Michael Jackson, Maroon Five, The Styx, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, Kermit, Elvis, Sonny and Cher, The Beegies, Axel Rose, Skinner and several more I can't remember. I was impressed and would recomend the show to anyone. Amazing. Here is a link to a video of Terry Fator on America's Got Talent.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Eric- I can't believe you didn't want to go to this, he was so good on TV. I hope I get a chance to see him.
By-the-way, thanks for the comment on our blog. I would love to get music and recipes from you and Trisch. Here is our e-mail; sampson0200@comcast.net
It's nice to be able to keep up with everyone through these blogs!
Post a Comment