Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tree Scrooge Joins Christmas Tree Hunt

I was a "tree scrooge" this year when it came to cutting down our Christmas tree. I opted to brave the storage unit to find the plastic or as Josh says "pretend" tree. I think it looks terrific and much more uniform and full than you can find here in the forest. Although I must admit that I believe it is more about the experience and not the tree that you find which makes such an outing worthwhile. Even though we did not cut a tree we were all excited to go with Grandma and Grandpa and Peter and Porter to find a tree for their house. We had a good time playing in the snow and watching the grandparents romp through the snow to find the perfect tree. I believe the maximum regulation height is 12 feet tall and their tree was not regulation. I would suggest checking Grandma's blog for hopefully a detailed description of the outing. Also make sure to look at Peter's family blog for more great photos of the adventure. Hopefully one of those two blogs will post some pictures of the tree in the house so you can see the actual height of the beast! Here are some pictures of the kids playing in the snow and cutting some limbs for more festive decorations.




No comments: