Sunday, August 12, 2007

Fish Alaska!

Fish we did! I had the great opportunity to go up to Alaska and fish with Mitch, Jeff, Cam, Clint and Les. I absolutely had the time of my life. I loved every minute. We stayed in a cabin about 40 miles west of Juneau, Alaska, in Excursion Inlet off the icy straights, a part of Southeast Alaska’s inside passage.
We were in search of the Silver Salmon of which we caught several nice ones. We also brought in Pinks and Chums.
Here is another nice Silver that weighed in at 12lbs.
The whales demonstrated their "bubble-net" fishing techniques up close and personal. Wow!!Some sort of orange fungus I thought was facinating.
I really like this shot of Mitch as his infectious smile portrays how thrilled we all were to be together fishing in Alaska.Clint had the big catch of the week. This halibut weighed in at 53 lbs.
Here is a shot of Cam's log cabin oasis we were fortunate to take up residence for a week.
Here was a whale that came striaght at our boat and dove under at the last minute.





No comments: