The whirlwind adventures in the life of Eric and Trisch and their kiddos.
Saturday, July 07, 2007
Pyro Crew
I spent the day on the 4th of July with a Pyro Crew. We were a crew of 5 and our mission was to set-up and launch the the firework display for the city of LaPine. It was awesome! I have mentioned before that I don't make top 10 lists but if I did this would be on it! The display contained 250 mortar shells ranging from 3"-5" and a dozen or so "Cake Boxes" that held anywhere from 24 to 48 shells each. The cake boxes were what we lit for the opener and part of the finale. One fuse is lit and 48 shots hit the sky in a matter of seconds. Very Cool! Everything was hand lit with flares. I was decked out in my fireman's jacket, gloves, helmet, ear muffs and face shield. We spent the day setting up the show. As you can see from the photos we had to bury the mortars halfway into the ground and back fill with sand. At the stroke of 10 we burned up 5K in 19 minutes. Quite the rush! I'd do it again for sure. And the view from directly under the show was fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment