Saturday, December 01, 2007

Christmas Around Romania

Our Branch Christmas party was on Saturday. The theme was Christmas Around the World. We volunteered to bring some traditional Romanian food. So we spent the day in the kitchen having a blast. Sarmale (sar-mahl-ee) was on the menu. Beef, pork, rice, onion and spices wrapped in grape leaves. After a week long search for grape leaves in a bottle we were ready to go. Oh boy...I tell you this stuff is good! It turned out really really good! Once we had it all in the pot it cooked on low for about 3 hours. You eat it with sour cream...mmmm good! The photos may not make it look too appetizing but this stuff is fantastic. The only way to make it better is to eat it in a Romanian home at Christmas time.
Brooke posed for the photo op at the start but then was off to her new beloved toy the CD player with Christmas music. It was nice to have a DJ in the house all afternoon.
Josh found this festive Santa cap for free at a garage sale on Friday and has not taken it off since.
Josh did the balling and I did the wrapping.



Like I said it may look a little distateful...but you can't knock it till you try it!
Trisch made the Romanian Salata de Beouf. Basically potato salad with lots of pickles and mayo. Romanians always make the presentation priority and Trisch did a fabulous job.

5 comments:

scott and tara said...

Wow! What an amazing looking Romanian treat. You guys are of course, amazing. Can't wait to see you soon :)

Anonymous said...

ok, I know what we can have for Christmas dinner!!! It looks different but yummy. Want to make it again????

Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I think it looks delicious!

Three Coin Productions said...

Eric? Amy Jons sent me this link. What's your email? garrett@threecoinproductions.com

Arrington Fam said...

Trisch, I think you're the new Martha Stewart (I mean Fuff). That looks amazing!